Thursday, April 25, 2013

Mirror, Mirror, on the wall...

Hey there, me again with a quick post to showcase a mirrored image card using The Evil Queen Honey from Sassy Studio Designs. Originally I made this one for the C.R.A.F.T Challenge (Queen for the Day/Fantasy/Bling) with every intention of giving her to my Stepmom for her Birthday, but then I started thinking about what message that might convey...

I don't think my Stepmom is evil (anymore, lol!!). When I was a teenager I used to feel more like Cinderella than Snow White, because of all the chicken I had to clean in order to get out of the house... But it's those same cooking skills my Stepmom instilled in me years ago that I rely upon now as a mom, so how can I begrudge her that, lol?

Soooo, this card is officially in my "stash" pile until I can find a better, less sensitive subject and recipient!


I am submitting this one to:
Paper Crafting Journey (Use a Sentiment)
Craft Room Challenge (Sentimental)
LEJ (Magical)

Thanks for stopping by (again?) and have a crafty day!! I'm SOOOO trying to get the kids to bed early so I can play tonight... how about you??




12 comments:

  1. Thank you for joining in challenge #50 - Magical, mystical or mysterious over on the LEJ Designs Challenge Blog.
    What a great card. Lovely and courful and the colouring if the images is perfect. Love the backing and the mirrors frame. Wonderful piece of work.
    We hope to see you entering more of our weekly challenges over on the blog, there are always great prizes up for grabs.

    Hugs Lisa xxxx LEJ Designs DT Member

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL! Yea, probably not the best stepmom card. But it is GORGEOUS! Love the mirror, so clever and your fab coloring. Stunning card!

    ReplyDelete
  3. very cute adina!!! hope you are doing well, im jealous you have time to craft now, im soooo tired i never have time :( maybe someday i'll get backto it. miss ya!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL Tracey, I got as far as half coloring a stamp before I got too tired and went to the couch... I tried though!! :) Miss you TOOOOOO!!!! How have you been lady?? The girls must be so grown now! :)

      Delete
  4. Fabulous!!! Love the mirrored image! & her most gorgeous glittery crown!! Hugs Juls xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh Adina this is great! Judy x (Sassy Sis)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wicked! Thank you for sharing with us at Craft-Room Challenge XOXO Zoe

    ReplyDelete
  7. Brilliant card and beautifuly coloured image,love the mirror frame-thanks for joining us at LEJ Designs
    Carol DT x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you for sharing this wicked and beautiful card at Craft-Room "So Sentimental" Challenge, good luck and welcome again;-))m

    ReplyDelete
  9. A fabulous card. Thank you for joining us at Craft Room Challenge.
    xxx Hazel.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Super creation..thanks for playing along with us at CRAFT this week
    x carol

    ReplyDelete
  11. Adina, this is so awesome! Love that you did the reflection in the mirror...so cool!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave some love!