Monday, August 30, 2010

"It requires uncommon steadiness of reason to resist the attraction of being called the most charming girl in the world." (Northanger Abbey)

My youngest sister just turned fourteen this month, and WOW, it's amazing to me how time flies... In honor of her birthday (and my dwindling pocket book!) I decided to make her this back to school gift pack using one of my favorite Kenny K images and some Bo Bunny papers I picked up at Scrap-A-Doodle Doo...

So the first piece in this puzzle was the altered tin container that I got for a Queen swap some time ago... It reminded me how much I LOVE to alter things! :)
Then I made these little notecard thingies using ANCIENT lined paper from my Creative Memories days (I KNOW... I hoard things FOR EVER!!). I cut up one of the Bo Bunny sheets and mounted 'em to make 'em look modernized...And then there's the altered composition notebook (again, one of my all time favorite things to alter!!)
And the altered memo notebook thingie (I went to town with the ribbons on the edge...)
And THEN I altered some pens with flower tops and glimmer mist And a laminated bookmark to round the whole gift out.
I have to say, being broke has reawakened my crafty side, lol... Serina definitely felt the love, and although I would've preferred shopping for NEW stuff, using stuff from my super old stash was nice too! :) I definitely think I'll be making similar sets as time goes on cause I think overall I spent like six dollars on the whole gift... Not bad on my budget! :)
The gift pack was made for:
  • The Design Dollies color challenge (Black, White, Pink, Blue)

  • Kenny K's challenge this week is music (I chose Download Diva cause she's listening to her Ipod, which is what Serina ALWAYS does these days!) :)

  • Daisy Doodles has an Anything Goes Digi challenge

  • The theme for the Pixie Cottage is "Back to School" (which this giftie was ALL about Serina going back to school and using it there!)

  • AND Paper, Scissors, Rocks ALSO had a "Back to School" theme to play along with!

So there you have it bloggers... We are in full swing with Back to School preparations now, and I am VERY excited to be returning to the classroom next week... Melanie starts on Wednesday so I'm hoping to be able to scrap a back to school page for her before the weekend is over! Happy scrapping to YOU! :)

12 comments:

  1. Very cute set, I'm sure she'll love it!
    Thanks for playing in The Pixie Cottage this week :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow this is just gorgeous, and lol had to laugh re: the broke comment, it definately does bring out a creative side in us all, and I think that is a good thing, and if you hadn't kept all those CM things you wouldn't have been able to complete this adorable gift set. I love it. Melxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow - absolutely fabulous! Great work and thanks for playing along with my back to school challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great giftpack. I'm sure your sister's gonna like this.
    Thanks for joining the Pixie Cottage Challenge.
    Adrina XX

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow! What a fantastic gift pack. I love all the little details you added. Your sister will adore it.
    Thanks for joining us at the Pixie Cottage challenge,
    Sharon xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. oh this is one brilliant gift pack,love all the little details,your sister will just love it,bless you for playing at the pixie cottage this week,love hugs cheryl xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Just beautiful! Thanks for playing at Daisy Doodles! Hope to see you for our next challenge xx Hugs Tina (DT) xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. adina! so good to see you (sort of!) again! this is super cute....i saw those stamps the other day at CKC...if i had the money....! hope you are doing well! thanks for playing along at the Pixie Cottage!
    tracey

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a lovely creation oh woooow, STUNNING....thanks for joining with us at Daisy Doodles this week. I hope you'll join with us at new forum challenge next week, click at the TOP of the Challenge Blog, DESIGNER OF THE MONTH and you can go to the Icon and klick it to go to the forum challenge. Hugs, Monika

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh wow this is fantastic! Thanks so much for joining us at KK this week x

    ReplyDelete
  11. I like that you went to town with the ribbon on your composition book. thank you for joining the challenge at daisy Doodles. and another reminder that you might like to use this creation at the Forum of Daisy Doodles, too!

    ReplyDelete
  12. So Clever!! I wish I's had this when I was in school. I know she loved it. Thanks so much for playing with us at Daisy Doodles!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave some love!