Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Gettin Wavy!!

And the summer is almost over!! :( I'm not totally bummed though... I can't wait for regular adult conversation, even if it's with teenagers! :)

This week's Design Dollies elements challenge calls for the incorporation of WAVES into one's project, and I absolutely HAD to play with Some Odd Girl's Kody and a gorgeous sentiment from Create with TLC:

As you can tell, I'm STILL struggling with copics here and there. I liked the way thewaves came out with the distress inks more than with the copics, not to mention my OFF shading... BUT I did have fun making the card, which is half the battle! :)

Also from Some Odd Girl, I played with Magic Mae for this week's color challenge (Orange, Royal Blue and Teal/Aqua) for my niece's birthday card... AND I lifted that sentiment from Create with TLC as well! :)

AND while I am talking about making cards, well... I sold THREE of them at Scrap-A-Doodle Doo! I couldn't believe people would actually scoop them up, and yup... I think the ones that sold were the Magnolia and WOJ 6X6 cards I played with some posts ago, and that just feels down right GOOD! :) I'll be bringing some more over there eventually, but for right now, I'm just BASKING in the glow of positivity... SO, happy scrappin folks! :)

2 comments:

  1. he he he re: the adult conversations, I remember saying this, I just love your gorgeous cards, and your colouring is just gorgeous, you are selling yourself way too short, I love them. Melxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous card! I just LOVE the sand on your first card!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave some love!