Sunday, July 7, 2013

It's a beautiful day in the neighborhood....

Hello there blogland! Me again, with the ole' Mr. Rogers song in my head... My three year old son's newest favorite "ap" for the iPad is the Daniel the Tiger game/show... And wouldn't ya know it, Daniel the Tiger sings Mr. Rogers' songs! :) He does "it's a beautiful day in the neighborhood" and "It's such a good...feeling"... And hearing Daniel the Tiger sing those classics, well, I won't lie, it made me choke up a little for missing Mr. Rogers! Dumb, I know, but still, there it is. He was such a part of my childhood, and although I never personally met him, television is DEFINITELY not the same for kids today and I think my son would have enjoyed the program as much as I did! :) I may have to see if there are old episodes available online! :)

Thanks for letting me share! :) LOL... I did have a card to share too! :) This month's challenge at Card Makin' Mamas is monochrome, which was super hard for me, because I am always trying to find color combinations, not just single colors! :)

I had the pleasure of playing with a Meljen image (Cup of Sunshine) and I chose to stick with my favorite color, turquoise (in the BG family of copics!).


Isn't it funny how when you look at your pictures of your cards you can see where you may have butchered the whole operation, but when you're making them you don't realize the mistakes are there? I'm a little embarrassed by those edges around the peek a boo window now, but it's too late cause the CMM post has gone live already! :) If I had caught that earlier, I would've scrapped the whole card and started again! Geez... My eyes are getting old!! :)


Anywhoo, I colored the image in JUST using my BGs (BG0000, BG10, BG11, BG13, BG15, BG18) and then I inked around the image with my absolute favorite distressed ink, Evergreen Bough. I find it funny how I didn't WANT to get the Tim Holtz holiday ink set when it first came out because I didn't think I needed any other colors, and now it's probably the second most frequently used ink in my collection after Vintage Photo! :)

See those butchered edges again? :) Geez... Not only am I chatty today, I'm SOOO not loving this card anymore! :( Ah well, we can't always create masterpieces... At least I can't always create a masterpiece! :) The blogs I follow always seem to have these gorgeous works of art that are whipped up in the matter of minutes, while I spend HOURS slaving away at a single card... Only to butcher it without realization until it's live for the whole blogosphere to see! :)

SOOOOO, there you have it, lol. I'm publicly admitting my failings, moaning and groaning over a card I once  thought was pretty darned cool. :) NOT my usual cheery post, but I will be back tomorrow with a TRUE sunshine card, because our Sunshine Mail Foundation blog hop starts manana! :) Then I will be able to be happy with my project cause I'm going to double check my photos NOW so I can verify they are acceptable! ! :) 

Even though I no longer love this one, I will be submitting this to Allsorts' Favorite Things challenge (cause of the colors and inks!!), Just Some Lines' Anything Goes, and Crafty Calendar's color challenge. Thanks for stopping by and letting me rant! :) 

Hugs, Adina


4 comments:

  1. A quite delightful card and the tone on tone colours give it a really elegant feel.

    Thanks so much for sharing your favourite crafting things with us at Allsorts this week.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your card is super pretty, but we require the use of JSL images at our challenges at Just Some Lines. Please do try again - we offer freebies. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fab creation, thank you for joining Allsorts challenge, good luck.
    Happy crafting
    Tracy x

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is a very pretty card and I can see why you love that colour. Great choice of embellishments too.

    Thanks for joining us at Crafty Calendar Challenge.

    Jo x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave some love!