Sunday, March 14, 2010

"It was a delightful visit - perfect, in being much too short." (Emma)

My darling Leah visited with us yesterday, and we had an impromptu surprise birthday party... Could you picture my dining room table and living room bedecked with our scrap supplies aplenty and one half of my family all together cooking some Puerto Rican specialties (even my hubby made the arroz con pollo!!) while Leah and I tried to get our mulitple projects done WITHOUT being rude to the well wishers? At first I was worried they'd be offended, but everyone in my family seems to understand my addiction at this point... especially when they saw the ABUNDANCE of supplies we pull out for these things!!

AND, I made thirteen more cards toward my goal of 49... I think I'm up to 26 now... SOME of them were rushed and WAY too simple for me to post (you'd fall asleep on them)... BUT, then there are some like the one using the Card Patterns sketch (Tracey, if you read this, WHERE in NY are you?? I'm in Northern NJ right over the GWB... are we neighbors??):
And this What a Wonderful World card from the 365 Days Challenge:
Thank you JILL for the amazing embellishment you made oh so long ago for our CM swap!! Fit PERFECTLy for what I had to crank out this weekend!!

BUT I think my favorite (and most girly) card so far was the one I made using the Pile it On (Pastels) challenge that fit for the Ooh La La Anything Goes incentive, the Secret Crafter's Anything Goes challenge, Rosie D's Spring challenge, By the Cute and Girly's Spring Challenge, and an awesome Paper Sundaes Spring Challenge for Willow (SHE'S ADORABLE!!!!!!!!!)....

I think that's enough for now, but please do remember to check out the Dollies Tuesday the 16th for a special triple entry chance for my candy.... And thanks to everyone for the awesome birthday wishes... Admittedly, thirty three doesn't feel like an age to really go out and party for, lol, but I welcomed my day in doing my favorite thing and I hope the old wive's tale that says how you spend your birthday will set the tone for the rest of your year rings true on that aspect!!!

16 comments:

  1. what great cards - i love the button tree - great to see you at BTC&G
    Lisa ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful cards and luv those buttons on the tree. Thanx for playing at 365 Cards.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fantastic creations! Thanks for sharing with us at OLL. Hugs x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful cards all 3 but I think my favourite is the button tree
    Thank you for sharing with us at ooh la la
    Wendi

    ReplyDelete
  5. Just gorgeous, thank you so much for joining us at OLL
    Beryl x

    ReplyDelete
  6. You've been busy! All so sweet. I'm so glad you've joined us with this weeks fancy fold challenge at Paper Sundaes.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happy Happy birthday, I am so glad you enjoyed a surprise celebration, they are the best, no chance to think just SURPRISE, hope your day was wonderful.

    I just finished the sketch challenge at Design Dollies and just loved it. So glad I found the blog site.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Totally adorable cards - Happy birthday! Thanks for playing at Card Patterns!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wonderful cards - your song-inspired card is especially lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  10. it was wonderful to see you, Dollie! i've missed you ridiculously, and we needed some girlie craftin' time! i hope you were able to put a big enough dent in your target number without burning out! thanks again for the gifties - hope you enjoy yours! :) *LUFF*

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thank you for sharing this lovely card and playing with us at Rosie D's Challenge, good luck;-))m

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a great collection of cards! Thanks for joining us at Paper Sundaes- that image is too cute and I spy a Unity sentiment..I love Unity too.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Happy Birthday!!! So glad you got to do what you love for your special day!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Beautiful cards! Thanks for playing at Paper Sundaes.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Such fun cards! I love the tree one!
    Glad you could join us at paper Sundaes!
    Shanna

    ReplyDelete
  16. What fun cards! I love all the colors and patterns you mixed.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave some love!