Wednesday, February 1, 2012

"Without music, life would be blank to me" (Emma)

Though I'm definitely NOT the queen of the double paged layout, I knew I'd have to attempt one as soon as I dug out my pictures from our recent trip to see Wicked with this year's students. The show was, needless to say, amazing, and both Melanie and I have been walking around the house singing "Defying Gravity," "Loathing," and "Popular" at random moments throughout the day! :)

To make this layout happen, I was blessed with a Wicked title strip as a gift from one of the scrappers at this weekend's Scrap A Doodle Doo crop, and I took my inspiration from there.
Coupled with this week's sketch from Creative Scrappers, and viola, I had LOADS of fun... :)
I used the Cricut Craft Room software to make the cool circle thingy with witch that appears on both pages and I even made an extra or two for some scrappy friends who peeped the embellie while I was makin' it! :) Have I mentioned that I love being able to weld? I have NOT yet gotten the gypsy I've been drooling over, but the Craft Room is so easy to use (and free!!) so although I'm still lusting over one, I think I can hold off for a little longer...
And there you have it... I totally had fun reliving the play while I scrapped it... I listened to the soundtrack to get into the groove and I just kinda visualized what it must've been like when Joey McIntyre and Idina Menzel played Fiero and Elpheba... Wow. The play was absolutely worth the wait though, and I'd go back any day! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to leave some love!