Friday, March 12, 2010

"It was agreed that, provided the weather were fair, the party should take place on the following morning" (Northanger Abbey)

And tomorrow IS a party day!! Two more days until my birthday, and my buddy Leah L'Orange is comin over to scrap and play all day!!
And though we'll be playing, I have got WORK to do!! My seniors are getting ready for their annual retreat at the end of Spring break, and it is our tradition to send them off with a little note from each teacher (even if we couldn't STAND the kid all year), encouraging them as they embark on their new journey... So of COURSE, I decided to make them each an individualized card reflecting THEM and write a personalized note in each. Then I realized I have 49 seniors. And three days to get the cards finished. And ten made. :) SO, wish me luck, and I'm sure my next few hundred posts will be of cards, no layouts, until I have finished this project. BUT I act like it's a chore... It's actually a fun thing (right?) :).
SO, here's number eleven of 49... Made for a Cafe Mom challenge and the current sketch challenge at The Character Cafe... I LOVE their digis, btw, and may have to get some before I'm done with my card run to play with. Kristy's digis are also awesome at Some Odd Girl, so I will have to fire up the printer for those... Hey, question bloggers: if I heat set a digi, will it help prevent bleeding when I color 'em in?? I tried coloring in a Kaylee the other day and smudged it beyond recognition... Hmmm...

3 comments:

  1. have a great birthday! when i print out digis, i let them sit overnight...this lets them set on their own. they will still bleed when u use light colors though...i dont think there is any way to prevent that other than taking ur sheet and photocopying at kinkos or something...i just do my best to avoid touching the lines with my copics! have fun this weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cute card! Thanks for trying my sketch at The Character Cafe!!!!
    I print my images off and leave them for an hour or longer. It helps stop the bleeding. I hear that some ladies heat set them as well. I bet that would work as well.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cute card Adina! I love the papers you chose and your colouring rocks!! Glad to have you play along at The Character Cafe this week.
    Kelly

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave some love!