Monday, February 4, 2013

Create in Me a New Heart

Hello there blogosphere! I'm back again with another Saturated Canary CUTIE today! :)

The verse featured is from Word Art Wednesday and it really spoke to me as I crafted this card. Partially because I was mad at my husband the ENTIRE time I was making the card and every time I read it over I kept arguing with God that MY heart isn't the one that needs to be changed... BUT I know that's not always how God works, so I guess I do need my spirit to be renewed as well. :)

This card SHOULD have been a walk in the park because the image and verse were just printed together on the cardstock and I just had to color and mount... I colored the image using copics BUT I kept looking at it and saying "it needs something else"... (I probably just needed to keep reading the verse to calm down!). So I masked the image, stamped a heart motif background, inked and distressed the bottom with antique linen and pumice stone, added some spun sugar to the background as well, then colored in the open hearts with R93. The papers are Graphic 45. The heart doily and flowers were the finishing touches, all items that have been in my stash WAY too long! :)

phew... So I'm entering this one into the Saturated Canary color challenge, Wild Orchid's Anything Goes, and Word Art Wednesday's Anything Goes challenge. Thanks so much for looking and letting me rant a little bit! :) I guess we all have "those" days sometime or another!  :)

10 comments:

  1. This image is so sweet, and those sweet flowers with the doily are the perfect romantic touch. SUPER cute! Thanks for sharing this in our challenge this week. I just LOVE seeing your amazing art work shared with us. Have a blessed week!
    Karen
    Word Art Wednesday

    ReplyDelete
  2. What is there to say? It is lovely absolutely a beautiful card with you wonderful floral arrangemnt and the heart shaped doiley.
    Thank you for joining us at Word Art Wednesday; we love seeing your wonderful art work and we really appreciate you taking time to join our challenge.
    Carole Robb Bisson
    The Blessing of the LORD be Upon You!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous image,sweetly coloured, very pretty
    Hugs julie P

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is just so sweet and so wonderfully coloured, too, a totally lovely card! Thanks for your sweet comment on my blog, take care, Ira x
    irascreacorner.blogspot.nl

    ReplyDelete
  5. Utterly gorgeous!!! Fabulous verse to go with that image! Hugs Juls

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi MommyScraps,

    Absolutely gorgeous card! Love all Saturated canary images :-)

    I posted a reply to your question on our Challenge blog - The Paper Crafting Journey.

    Big Hugs,
    Wendy

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fab card, thanks for joining us at SC x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi sweetie this is really pretty, thank you so much for joining us at Saturated Canary this time, huggles Pops x x x

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is gorgeous! thanks for sharing with as at SC Challenges! xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave some love!